Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Under the Shadow


Retrospection
Originally uploaded by Adagio.

I suppose there have always been, and will always be, those who cast an immense shadow. It would seem that, on occasions, the shadow only reveals its immensity once one has moved away from the source. As if being directly beneath its umbrella, renders the shadow invisible to the naked eye.

Possibly, such shadows are the most powerful. The most insidious. Finding oneself enveloped by a shadow belonging to someone with whom one is no longer associated is a disconcerting experience. If there is an escape, I fear it is a long, slow process. One from which there is no shortcut.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Desmond said...

I wouldn't want to escape myself but then they accuse me of being an overromantic escapist, like that's a bad thing. And i never take shortcuts unless i have a lot of spare time.

So I was away last weekend and they talked of Foulkes with his picture in half shadow, must one who lives in shadows be a stranger to the light, they asked us.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Mary Desmond said...

hey just experienced that disappearing comment episode you told me about. always comforting to get auckland weather reports and cats by firesides

6:03 AM  
Blogger Strawberry Fields said...

Greetings Adagio,
Thanks for checking out my blog. I wanted to email my answers to your questions directly to you, but did not know how to contact you. Please feel free to email me at sfields4ever@yahoo.com and I will get back to you.

As for shadows, I guess distance from anything helps you better assess it, although that doesn't diminish its grip. And instead of escaping, I prefer to think of it as letting go, no longer giving the shadow the power it once had. But I know as with most difficult things, that is easier said than done.

Regards,
Strawberry Fields

4:58 AM  
Blogger Actress with Attitude said...

It sounds to me like you are a middle child.
As far as shadows are concerned, no one can cast their shadow on you if your shadow is bigger and higher.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home