Monday, August 14, 2006

All About Eve

Am I the only person never to have seen All About Eve? Anyway, this past weekend I put that matter right. And am I glad I did. Bette Davis is outstanding. Remarkable. In fact, the entire cast is superb. No weak links in the chain. From Margot Channing, Davis' benevolent volcano character, through to George Sanders' portrayal of the cool, calculating Addison DeWitt and Anne Baxter as Eve Harrington, the desperately wannabe actress who climbs the stardom ladder by stepping on anyone who provides the best foothold, 'friends' notwithstanding. The film is a real treat. Do yourself a favour, next time you come across it in the DVD store, grab it with both hands.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Tyler said...

I haven't seen it, but based on your recommendation I'll add it to my Netflix list right away! Thanks for the suggestion.

11:38 am  
Blogger Adagio said...

hi sigrid. what is netflix?

1:00 pm  
Blogger herhimnbryn said...

Isn't it fine?
What is it she says?.
"hold onto your seats it's going to be bumpy ride" or night or something like that!

4:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home