Thursday, June 23, 2011

The goat factor




Is it weird that I feel upset/pissed off because I've only just found out today there is a goat next door, how marvellous, a goat! Why didn't someone tell me sooner, didn't anyone think I might be interested, I so much like the thought of a goat next door, is it male or female, what breed of goat, what's its name, are they milking it (I suspect not). Why didn't someone think to tell me, I feel like I've been robbed of a simple pleasure... it probably makes me sound somewhat mad, unhinged and perhaps it is true. It's so strange (not the right word) to be cut off from things happening next door, so close and yet so far, they are building something near the house, I have been listening to hammering for weeks, a phantom building... I'm here but not here...

2 Comments:

Blogger jacqueline b said...

oh yes, i totally understand.
Goats are such eccentric, serious and ...grounded beings - loevely to have one next door - with horns! - making his funny expressions. And of course takes me back to my Bracken and Finnian days in Hikurangi.

12:43 pm  
Blogger Adagio said...

Of course, Bracken and Finnian, how could I forget... the Revelstone days... and should I mention the rats?

1:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home