Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pockets of Colour Assuage Darkness

One of the many photographs being stockpiled for Liz's exhibition in June. Some in colour. Most black and white. Using a combination of Leica camera and a rather expensive digital thingy. I say 'thingy' because it's an altogether different beast from a proper camera. Along with PhotoShop you can play endless games with a digital image. Fun, but cheating really. Oh, and the subject of her photographic essay. Me, actually. Well, my life, to be more exact. You won't see my face. Apart from living so unique a life as to provide Liz with inspiration and a focus - oh, that's so funny, not - my contribution will be excerpts from my writing. The whole exercise adds a pocket of colour to an otherwise mostly black and white existence. I've also suggested a title: Through a glass, darkly. Fits in more ways than one.

(Apropos yesterday's comment, regarding fried green tomatoes: The verdict? Quite different to my expectations. Much softer. Less flavour. Certainly edible. Still, to be honest, I was rather nonplussed. Despite really wanting to like fried green tomatoes. After all, I loved the film. Oh well, at least I can now say I've been there, done that).

Photographer/Liz March

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Tyler said...

Nice, mysterious photograph. I especially like the white crackling lines. Wonder if that is a photoshop effect, of if somebody folded up the photo and stuffed it into their pocket for a few days.....I have to agree about the fried green tomatoes. I think they're highly overrated. Do tell more about this project based on you! Will we get to see it on-line?

4:41 pm  
Blogger Adagio said...

Excerpts? Yes, more than likely.

5:37 pm  
Blogger Adagio said...

Greetings Sigrid: actually this photograph is completely untampered with. It was taken through a wet, rain-streaked window. The white crackling lines, as you describe them, are bits of cobwebs. I have a 'junk' room in my house, the windows get cleaned about once a decade, if they're lucky. The background consists of an ancient and very woody fuschia bush. Those reddy-pink splotches are flowers.
I cannot imagine that the exhibition will be viewable online. I may, though, write a little more about it. At some stage. Thanks for your interest.
(You too Lulu).

12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home