Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sylvia and the Dead Poets


Jacq's post from China, regarding her screening of ‘Dead Poets Society’ to a class of young, Chinese, english literature students, reminded me: I have wanted to revisit the film for several years. I have also been intending to try my hand at the very well considered TradeMe site. See what the fuss is all about. Ok, I figured, I can combine the two intentions. In a nutshell, last night I successfully outbid other competitors to purchase, not only one, but two DVDs – well, in truth I was the only bidder (still, this little fact did not minimise my delight). The seller was also selling ‘Sylvia’. Another film I have been meaning to revisit. Why not, I thought. And so I did!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Tyler said...

sorry i've been out of touch. But have been reading your posts, on figs, birds, and films. I love Dead Poets Society too, but haven't seen the other one. I'll have to check it out. But today I'm off to work again!

1:50 am  
Blogger Adagio said...

nice to hear from you sigrid. 'sylvia' - about sylvia plath. very good. i even enjoyed paltrow's performance, despite not *liking* her, generally, as an actor.

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home